9. What is NREN?
- Nepal Research and Education Network (NREN) is a not for profit organization dedicated for the promotion of REN in Nepal. It is a single consortium of academic communities responsible to build national research and education network and the primary member of Asia Pacific Advanced Network (APAN) consortium.
10. What are the motivations behind NREN?
- Develop national computational grid for research and education, deploying of broadband performances for advanced research in networking technology, support to build single advanced research and education(R&E) network throughout the countries, and connect Nepalese R&E communities globally are the prime motivations behind NREN.
11. What are the financial sustainability of NREN?
- Regular project, donation, membership fees from the members are the method of its sustainability.
12. May we get the list of the organization of Nepal that has already made a connection with NREN?
- Kathmandu University, Tribhuvan University Central Library, Institute of Medicine, Prime College, Health Net Nepal, St.Xavier College, Gandaki College of Engineering and Sciences, Khowpa Engineering College, Advance College of Engineering and Management, Kantipur City College, Nepal Wireless, Kathmandu Model Hospital, Nepal Medical Colleges are some institution already made a connection with NREN. Connection with NREN
13. Why should we connect to NREN?
- By connecting with NREN, you will get high speed access with global research and education communities, research repository, and global network infrastructure through Asia Pacific Advanced Network (APAN), Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN), Internet2 and other global REN. It will create plate form platform to exchange ideas and share research finding on an international scale, with professional group all over the world.