Building knowledge-based society through the uses of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and a high-bandwidth network.
Establishing high speed network connection with national and global Research and Education(R&E) communities.
- Establish a high-speed research and education network for the development of national computational grid for research and education.
- Connect universities, colleges and research institutions into a national research and education network and encourage to harness benefits of advanced R&E network.
- Use Asia Pacific Advanced Network(APAN) network as a primary ICT infrastructure to initiate advanced research in the countries.
- Establish NREN as a knowledge center to support good ICT initiatives.
- Undertake necessary facilitation for the development of an advanced networking environment among research and education (R&E) communities in the Asia Pacific Region through APAN.
- Bridge the resources constraints issues by providing infrastructure support as well as connectivity solution for knowledge and information.
- Test and implement different network technology and application aiming to reduce emergent issues of nation and the global community.