We are connected with Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN), which connects universities and research communities of Asia and Europe through their countries NREN. At current, we have 45mbps R&E connection, which will be upgraded very soon. Besides TEIN, we also have network connectivity with Asia Pacific Advanced Network (APAN).
This is a non-commercial network developed to accommodate vast amounts of data required to transfer by students, researchers and educational institutions, and to accelerate the development of research and education. Imagine downloading an HD video of a lecture in one second at no cost by a student from any university or college of Nepal. That would be thousands of times faster than any commercial network which is now available for Nepalese students and researchers. NREN will be one of the fundamental conditions for proliferating research and innovation in Nepal, for attracting global researchers to Nepal, and for developing a digital economy in Nepal.
At current, following institutions are connected with NREN.
1. Kantipur City College www.kcc.edu.np
2. Advance College of Engineering and Management www.acem.edu.np
3. Kathmandu University www.ku.edu.np
4. Dhulikhel Hospital www.dhulikhelhospital.org
5. Kathmandu Model Hospital (KMH) www.phectnepal.org
6. Patan Academy of Health Science (PAHS) www.pahs.edu.np
7. Khowpa Engineering College www.khec.edu.np
8. Prime College www.prime.edu.np
9. Institute of Medicine (IOM) www.iom.edu.np
10. Kirtipur Hospital www.phectnepal.org